Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tying the Knot

Today is a big day for me. This morning I finally, successfully got a gamification system working on our bible study interactive website, www.BibleStudyInteractive.com. It's something I've been trying to figure out for 2 years now. And tomorrow we have our first meeting with the online lecturers to begin American Providence's first round of online bible studies.

After many hours on the computer I went for a walk to take in the beautiful weather. I ventured off to a part of the neighborhood I've never been to more than 4 times in my whole life. There I found a broken swing. The rope was tied really well on one end of the plank, but the other end wasn't tied properly so no one could sit on the plank and swing.

I untied and unraveled the second rope. I undid all the knots and kinks. Then I experimented with some different knots and got it working. I didn't think I would be able to figure out the last part just before the end. The knot was working, but the plank wasn't sitting evenly and it was too late to undo the first knot. But then I stumbled upon an easy fix for the last knot.

The swing now works perfectly. The tree isn't very tall, and the swing is a little high above the ground, but it works securely.

On the way home I thought about it. I asked the Lord to help me realize something deep through the swing. I began to think about what is the role of a person sent by God? Thinking about the broken swing I realized that the original plan for the swing was good, all the materials are perfect, but because that one important part had become unraveled and couldn't be done properly, the swing was not able to fulfill even 1% of it's purpose. I came by and fixed it, and probably no one will know who fixed it. But they'll be thankful. And who knows, maybe later on, after swinging, someone will be inspired to make an even better swing.

Like this, humanity is too often unable to fulfill God's original purpose. The materials are all there. The original purpose and design isn't flawed. But there is just that one thing that needs to be fixed. In this way the person sent by the Lord visits, fixes that one essential part in secret, and all of humanity is able to function as long as they follow that new path of God's history.

Then I watched the movie, "We bought a zoo." The zookeepers worked so hard and sacrificed so much to prepare the zoo on opening day. All their hopes rested on whether people would come or not on opening day.

Seeing this I thought about American Providence. So I asked the Lord, "Lord, will they come [the large crowds of people]?"

I felt the Lord smiling down on me, "Are you kidding? Of course they will. Didn't you believe when your were told they would?"

The Lord's kindness was so hopeful, but then I asked very sincerely, "But Lord, why haven't they come already?"

*special note - "tying the knot," has double meaning. It refers to the broken swing, and it is also a colloquial way to saying to get married

"They did actually. They came, but they left. It was because no one knew how to tie the knot [properly]."


No comments:

Post a Comment